8.25.2007

i have beef with hallmark.

and any other card company, for that matter.

i need a specific kind of card. i went to hallmark thinking i would find some. hallmark has cards for everything, yes? obscure holidays like boss's day (a whole section of cards!!!). weird ones like "from your pet" cards and "have fun on your upcoming trip" cards.

but let me just tell you: they do not have everything.

goodbye cards are non-existant. granted, if you are the person saying goodbye to someone who is leaving, you have a fair selection. but there are no such cards if you are the person who is acutally leaving. there are no "I am going away and will miss you more than you know" cards.

so there's my beef.

luckily, i know how to write my own sappy messages.

5 comments:

Rachel Taylor said...

Oh good. So I know I need to by more tissues. Thanks for the warning =]

Anonymous said...

Well, just let me say, you haven't been card shopping with your mother! When we left VA, I found numerous cards to give friends/co-workers. And, in Hallmark's defense, where else could you find a card about "peeing" when I had my bladder surgery? Thank you! Go to Target or Walmart...they both have awesome selections. And, as for having a "beef" about something...I have a beef about needing two new AA batteries for my keyboard, and there are none to be found in this house! Momma

Anna Grace said...

It's okay. I think the people you want to say goodbye to--won't need a card. I know if it were for me, even if you gave me a red piece of paper with 'bye' written on it...

I'd be elated.
and keep it in my treasure box. forever. (:

linnea said...

sarah sarah. . .

i feel your pain!!


and i miss you! ( i got teary eyed about it yesterday!! )

Anonymous said...

sarah, you made me laugh. i will make you a whole line of person-leaving cards and send them to you next time you move to colorado since it seems a bit late now. i am really really planning on coming to see you in colorado and will be more concrete in my plans once it gets closer. meanwhile, email me, write me, comment on my blog..i love hearing from you! tell me about colorado!