10.07.2006

leaving the waterpot behind

"Give Me a drink."

"How is it that You, being a Jew, ask me for a drink since I am a Samaritan woman?"

"If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, 'Give Me a drink,' you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water."

"Sir, You have nothing to draw with and the well is deep; where then do You get that living water? You are not greater than our father Jacob, are You, who gave us the well, and drank of it himself and his sons and his cattle?"

"Everyone who drinks of this water will thirst again; but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life."

"Sir, give me this water, so I will not be thirsty nor come all the way here to draw."

. . .

"Sir, I perceive that You are a prophet . . . I know that Messiah is coming (He who is called Christ); when that One comes, He will declare all things to us."

"I who speak to you am He."


so the woman left her waterpot . . .

and went to tell others about Him.

---------------------
she met Jesus.

he changed her.
she forgot about her old priorities.
she embraced her new purpose.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo. Where is the next post?

Anonymous said...

hey Sarah,
I LOVE YOU (you are the best)

just wanted to tell you!

love,
Linnea