4.02.2007

visiting my home of old

stay tuned for new pics on flickr and on here. this weekend i had a lovely visit to my old stompin' ground:
fredericksburg, va

it's so funny; when i lived there we used to affectionately call it "dead fred." now, i love going back there. in fact, i am convinced that i love that little town more and more as i get older.

i think it's just about
my favorite place to take my camera.
my favorite place to get a cup of coffee.
my favorite place to wander the streets.

words to describe it:
quaint
historic
ecclectic

today is was 80 degrees, cherry blossoms blooming and covering the sidewalks.

glorious.

i kept thinking today of all the people that i want to take there on a little weekend road trip. (all of you williamsburg fans would prolly be fredericksburg fans too.)

pics to come.

2 comments:

Anna Grace said...

It is a beautiful place.

Road trip opportunity. I'll bring my camera and spend the entire day walking about the lovely town snapping picture after picture. I love looking at the houses and seeing "quaint things".

sem said...

um, i'm in. for sure.