5.14.2006

more on light . . .

i want you to get a mental picture. or even maybe do this. that's right, try it out.

turn off all the lights in your bedroom, walk out of it and close the door behind you. turn on a light in whatever hallway you are in. ok, you're set. you are standing in the lighted hallway. now, open the door to your room.

yeah, so that's the whole game. but what i want you to watch as you do it is the light. not the actual lightbulb, but the light itself. how it moves. what happens with the light when you open your bedroom door?

God used this very basic "natural order of things" picture to teach me something about himself (and consequently, about myself) a couple of years ago. it was as simple as me walking into a room and thinking, "interesting . . . the light always spills over into the darkness. the dark room always gets lighter, not vice versa."

have you ever thought about that? if nature were different, darkness could spill over into light. but it doesn't. the light is stronger than the dark. more potent, if you will. the light always beats out the dark. always.

that should give us an amazing strength of spirit in considering the following truth:

"you are the light of the world."


when light is introduced, darkness disappears.

there is power in light. there is power in the Light.

4 comments:

faith said...

*raises hand* I used to do this all the time. Or sit in my dark room with a flashlight and watch it light up the room. And I had thoguht about darkness and light before, but I had never connected the two ideas. Thank you. I really like the way you think.

anna grace said...

Woah, woah, woah.

I love this post! Very clear and
great point!

You get: five stars. (o;

faith said...

I reread this post today. I still love it.

faith said...

I reread this post today. I still love it.