11.07.2005

THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE UNASHAMED

(Said to be written by a young African pastor and tacked to the wall of
his house; discovered by those who entered his house after he was
martyred.)

"I am part of the Fellowship of the Unashamed. I have Holy Spirit
power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The
decision has been made. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won't look
back, let up, slow down, back away or be still.

"My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future secure. I
am finished and done with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, chintzy
giving and dwarfed goals.

"I no longer need pre-eminence, prosperity, position, promotions,
plaudits or popularity. I don't have to be right, first, tops,
recognized, praised, regarded or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on
His presence, love by patience, lift by prayer and labor by power.

"My face is set, my gait fast, my goal heaven, my road narrow, my way
rough, my companions few, my Guide reliable, my mission clear. I cannot
be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded or
delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the
presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at
the pool of popularity or meander in the maze of mediocrity.

"I won't give up, back up, let up or shut up until I have preached up,
paid up, stayed up, stored up, and prayed up for the cause of Christ. I
am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I must go until He comes, give until I
drop, preach until all know Him and work until He stops me. And when He
comes to get His own, He will have no problem recognizing me - my
colors will be clear."
oh, that our lives would be lived with this boldness . . . with this much conviction . . .
doubtless this man knew the truth of these statements:
"he is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose"
--jim elliott
"if anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. for whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it."
--jesus

No comments: